Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: (#16)



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.
Anyone can do it.  You just have to do is:
 (1): Grab your current read.
(2): Open it to a random page.
(3): Share 1 or 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.  BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!! 
(4): Make sure you also mention the author and title.

Bloodrose, by Andrea Cremer

#1: "I could hear the Searchers shouting, but I couldn't make out their words over the roar of water pouring into the cavern.  Scrambling to my feet, I started to run toward their voices.  My paws were splashing through ankle-deep water.  It should have been impossible.  Water coming through that tiny cleft in the rock we'de had to worm through couldn't be this foreful.  But somehow it was.  Water that had been at my knees was already at my waist and rising, forcing me to swim.  The cave shuddered again.  Slabs of stone dropped from the ceiling."

#2: "Not jelous of his power, but of that stirring quality in his words.  He was finding himself, his true self.  Last night, I'd believed Shay when he said he wanted to stay at my side.  That he would be my mate.  Watching him now, the distance between us felt immense-he no longer seemed like a Guardian.  He was only the Scion.  What did that mean for me?"


What's your teaser this Tuesday?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates