Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: (#1)



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.
Anyone can do it.  You just have to do is:
 (1): Grab your current read.
(2): Open it to a random page.
(3): Share 1 or 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.  BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!! 
(4): Make sure you also mention the author and title.


The Iron Daughter, by Julie Kagawa


 #1: "Meeting my gaze, he took one step forward, drew me into his arms, and brushed his lips to mine.  I think our last kiss was meant to be quick and chaste, but after the first touch of his lips fire leaped up and roared through my belly.  My fingers yanked him close, digging into his back, and his arms crushed me to him as if wanting to meld us together."

#2: "At the foot of the throne, the lady knelt and held out the scepter in both hands, bowing her head.  For a moment, Mab did nothing, simply watching the faery with an unreadable expression on her face.  The rest of the Winter Court seemed to hold their breath.  Then, with deleberate slowness, Mab stood and plucked the scepter from the woman's hands.  Holding it up before her, the queen studied it, then raised it up for all to see.


And those are my teasers for this week.  What are yours?  Leave the link below.  (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates