Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: (#12)



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.
Anyone can do it.  You just have to do is:
 (1): Grab your current read.
(2): Open it to a random page.
(3): Share 1 or 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.  BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!! 
(4): Make sure you also mention the author and title.


Love Story, by Jennifer Echols


#1: I wanted to ask him where his blond girl had gone off to.  Now that I looked, she'd disappreared from the shower, and she wasn't hanging behind him with her hand on his shoulder.  But I should not have lusted for him anyway, and he probably had no idea that he was making my skin burn on the side where he sat.  I struggled to focus on the group conversation, which had returned to Gabe.

#2: Riding was dangerous, with the constant threat of being thrown and trampled, but ironically, once I was up in the saddle and way from Boo-hoo's legs, I felt safe.  I directed her out of the stable--she was in grea spirits today, kicking up her heels and shaking her head as if bragging to the other horses that she was going for a run and they were not, ha ha, so there--and I trotted her across the paddock to the back pasture.  Then I loosened the reins and let her go.  She loved to run.

what is you teaser this tuesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates