Thursday, June 14, 2012

Still on My Mind (#3): The Lightning Thief



Still on my Mind is a weekly meme hosted by Haley at .YA-Aholic where we feature a book that we read a while ago but can't stop thinking about because it was so good.

My pick this week:
Author: Rick Riordan
Series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1

Goodreads / Amazon

Percy Jackson is about to be kicked out of boarding school... again. And that's the least of his troubles. Lately, mythological monsters and the gods of Mount Olympus seem to be walking straight out of the pages of Percy's Greek mythology textbook and into his life. And worse, he's angered a few of them. Zeus' master lightning bolt has been stolen, and Percy is the prime suspect.

Now Percy and his friends have just ten days to find and return Zeus' stolen property and bring peace to a warring Mount Olympus. But to succeed on his quest, Percy will have to do more than catch the true thief: he must come to terms with the father who abandoned him; solve the riddle of the Oracle, which warns him of betrayal by a friend; and unravel a treachery more powerful than the gods themselves


I read this one a while ago and wasn't expecting much, but this book blew me away.  It was fast-paced, intense, interesting, and hilarious, and I couldn't stop reading.  This was the first series I'd read since Harry Potter that had a guy as the main character and I absolutely loved it!  This whole series is amazing and if you haven't read it already I highly recommend it!


What are you still thinking of?
Link me up!!

6 comments:

  1. I agree 100%! My friend is the one that kept telling me to read this because she wanted me to go to the movie with her. Finally I conceded and she lent it to me and OMG! it was FANTASTIC! The blend of humor and action was absolute perfection! It's definitely still on my mind XD

    All the best ♥
    Mackenzie @ Oh, For the Love of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED this book and the whole series. I read each book after my son finished it, and we were finished with all of them in 10 days! Right now I keep thinking about The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. An AMAZING book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book. Great Post! Here is the link to my: http://writtenbybrittan.blogspot.com/2012/06/still-on-my-mind-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book, too! I really enjoyed it :)

    Montana@ The Book Belles

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a GREAT book series!! I've only read the first two, and really need to still read them! Even my little brother, who NEVER reads Loved this series, and that's seriously saying something!
    Thanks for the comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love modern stories that bring Greek mythology to life.

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates