Thursday, June 21, 2012

Still on My Mind (#4): Lock and Key


Still on my Mind is a weekly meme hosted by Haley at .YA-Aholic where we feature a book that we read a while ago but can't stop thinking about because it was so good.

My pick this week:
Title: Lock and Key
Author: Sarah Dessen
Release Date: April 22, 2008
Publisher: Viking Juvenile

Goodreads / Amazon
Ruby, where is your mother?

Ruby knows that the game is up. For the past few months, she's been on her own in the yellow house, managing somehow, knowing that her mother will probably never return.

That's how she comes to live with Cora, the sister she hasn't seen in ten years, and Cora's husband Jamie, whose down-to-earth demeanor makes it hard for Ruby to believe he founded the most popular networking Web site around. A luxurious house, fancy private school, a new wardrobe, the promise of college and a future; it's a dream come true. So why is Ruby such a reluctant Cinderella, wary and defensive? And why is Nate, the genial boy next door with some secrets of his own, unable to accept the help that Ruby is just learning to give?

Best-selling author Sarah Dessen explores the heart of a gutsy, complex girl dealing with unforeseen circumstances and learning to trust again.

I read this one ages ago and I loved it.  It was at a time when my mom actually checked what I was reading, so she read this one before me and okayed it so I started it.  This was the first Sarah Dessen book I'd ever read and it seriously blew me away.  Loved, loved, loved this book, and if you haven't read it yet I highly recommend it! :)


What are you still thinking of?
Link me up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates